Training - Level 2Written by admin
Wed 03rd Jan 2007
This Course is intended to prepare candidates for the ARAA Level 2 certification.
The aim of the course is to give training in the safe operation of Industrial Rope Access to ARAA Level 2, for the purpose of inspections and maintenance of high-rise structures.
A successful outcome will enable Level 2's to work in a supporting role to Level 3 supervisors on complex work sites.
In addition to being competent in all aspects of the Level 1 requirements candidates should also be competent to:
* Prepare an implement a risk assessment and Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the ARAA Industry Code
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of worksite organisation
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment usage and maintenance
Technical Rope Access Skills
All operators should be competent to complete the following safely, maintaining a minimum of two points of contact at all times:
* Demonstrate rigging ropes using a selection of anchors and equipment
* Demonstrate hauling and lowering systems
* Demonstrate retrieval of unconscious or injured workmate from ascending gear
* Demonstrate long rope transfer using 2 back up devices
* Demonstrate horizontal traversing
Applicants should have an adequate knowledge of the English language to work safely. Before submitting for a Level 2 course and/or assessment, the candidate should be able to prove the following:
Participants will be asked to perform moderate to strenuous activities.
Senior first aid certificate is required. A physical examination by a doctor is strongly recommended. Candidates will be required to sign a Liability Release Form and a Statement of Medical Condition confirming the absence of known medical conditions that might preclude their ability to safely work at height.
To download the full course outline please click here.