Training - Level 3Written by admin
Wed 03rd Jan 2007
This course is intended to prepare candidates for the ARAA Level 3 Technician certification.
This Level is an advanced qualification that is required for a team leader where complex works such as traverses, lead climbing, work over water, confined spaces are required.
A successful outcome will enable Level 3's to carry ultimate responsibility for a jobsite.
In addition to being competent in all aspects of the Level 1 & Level 2 requirements candidates should also be competent to:
* Complete written paper detailing complete project and regulatory requirements in industry work/task of their choice e.g urban, confined space, electrical, etc.
* Demonstrate good management, supervision and communication skills
Technical Rope Access Skills
* Demonstrate advanced rigging techniques using a selection of anchors and equipment in various work situations
* Demonstrate haul/cross haul/lowering of a load (could include workmate)
* Demonstrate retrieval of unconscious or injured workmate from awkward access/lead climbing in various work situations
* Demonstrate horizontal and vertical lead climbing
Candidates seeking certification to ARAA Level 3 Technician must have appropriate previous industrial rope access experience (current ARAA requirements are 500 hours and be a experienced Level 2 in a wide variety of work sites). Participants will be asked to perform moderate to strenuous activities.
Senior first aid certificate is required. A physical examination by a doctor is strongly recommended. Candidates will be required to sign a Liability Release Form and a Statement of Medical Condition confirming the absence of known medical conditions that might preclude their ability to safely work at height.